Successful Weight Loss Starts at Freedom Fitness
Corpus Christi Gyms Offer Hints for Healthy Weight Loss
Losing weight. *sigh
Yes, the struggle to lose weight is real — and even though we want to look and feel better (immediately) — it’s just hard! And if you’re not sure just how to proceed, the task seems even more daunting.
Unfortunately, there’s no one-size-fits-all weight loss solution. We all have different body types and goals; and while looking good and feeling confident is an excellent motivation to drop those unwanted pounds, losing weight also offers many other health benefits.
So before we dive into the “how” let’s look at the “why”. Changing your lifestyle for healthy weight loss can improve your wellbeing in many ways:
- Takes the stress off your knees, ankles, and feet.
- Lessens back strain.
- Reduces the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease.
- Improves sleep and reduces the risk of sleep apnea.
That’s good stuff, right?
Start with a solid commitment to better health; and in turn, you’ll start feeling stronger, more confident, and in control.
Recipe for Results
- Set goals.Once you’ve made the decision and taken it to heart, take a moment to chart your course. Start slowly and pick an initial goal you can reach. You want to be sure you achieve success early on — which will motivate you to keep going! Be patient and go easy on yourself. This is not an overnight solution, but your mind and body will appreciate your efforts toward improving your wellness!
- Take note of your nutrition.Losing weight involves more than working out; what you consume works together with exercise to help you burn calories. Make it a habit to read labels as you grocery shop, and avoid sugar, saturated and trans fats, and sodium. Those elements are hidden in many of the foods you eat, especially canned and processed food.Stock up on fresh fruits and veggies (especially dark leafy greens), lean meats, low fat or fat-free dairy products and high fiber foods. Drink lots of water — and limit alcohol and high-calorie drinks such as soda. And don’t skip meals! It’s important to keep your body fueled with protein and complex carbs like quinoa, oatmeal, whole grains, and beans.
- Start moving.Start slowly, with activities that you’ll enjoy, and create a routine you’ll stick to. It’s not necessary to spend hours on a treadmill, especially if you’re not used to that kind of exercise.Take 30-minute walks or ride your bike. Swim a few laps. The key is to increase your heart rate and rev your metabolism to burn calories. Don’t overdo it in the beginning, just take small steps. You’ll find that your endurance will build as you get your muscles working.
With 4 locations in greater Corpus Christi, Freedom Fitness is standing by to partner with you on your journey. In addition to personal training, our clubs provide cardio equipment, group exercise options (Zumba is FUN), and boot camp.
Contact us to find the nearest Freedom Fitness location— we believe in you and we’re ready to get moving!